My Family

My Family

Sunday, April 8, 2012

Smith Family Update with Pictures and a Video!!!

Here is an update of what we've been up to lately:

Jackson is doing great!  He is 19 months now, which is hard to believe!  Trust me he is acting like he is that close to the terrible twos.  He can sure throw a good fit.  It has been interesting learning how to deal with it.  He is starting to talk a lot more.  It amazes me how everyday he is saying new words!  He gets frustrated when I can't always understand him.  Some of his favorite things right now are Elmo, Sesame Street, the ipad, jumping, dancing, and being outside.  He loves playing with other children and harassing our dogs.  



Anchorage set a new record for snowfall this winter.  Yesterday we got the 3.3 more inches we needed to pass the previous record set in the 50's.  We had 133.6 inches as of 4pm yesterday and it was still snowing.  That is more than 11 feet incase you were wondering.  We still have HUGE snow piles in our yard and all around town.   So to sum up our winter since October 30th is snow, snow and more snow.  Throw some really cold temperatures in there for January and February and you know what my last 5 months have been like.  

Needless to say, I am ready to see green.  Jackson is so ready to be able to go outside.  He begs me everyday to go outside.  Now that it has been 35-40 degrees, it is warm enough, we just need the snow to melt so we can go to the parks.  The other nice thing is the sun has been out a lot lately and the days are getting longer!!!  It isn't even starting to get dark until after 9 now.  I love it, but it does affect Jackson's sleeping.  He is having a hard time falling asleep.  He has been sitting in his crib for at least an hour after his bedtime before he falls asleep.  

Only 5 1/2 more weeks until Brady will be here!  I am excited to meet him and not be pregnant anymore.  Jackson will be a great big brother!  I am already praying that he has a smooth transition and isn't too jealous.  

These are a few pictures from today! We had fun with the Elmo Easter basket, but I want Jackson to first and most importantly know that Easter is about Jesus rising from the dead!  I hope we can communicate that to him in a way he will never forget!

Dressed up in his Easter clothes

Funny face and curly hair.  It turns out Jackson has inherited some of his dads curls.  I love it!

Enough pictures!  Why won't you let me get down and play in the snow?!?

"Outside, outside, outside!"

Digging into the Elmo Easter basket after naptime.  

2 comments:

  1. I can't wait to meet B and see you all again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. He's so handsome!! Loved the update, can't wait to see pictures of Brady and his big brother. Wish I could come visit this time, but maybe in a year or so! Miss ya!

    ReplyDelete