My Family

My Family

Thursday, April 26, 2012

It's Here!!!

Summer is here!  It might not be on the calendar, but in my books it is here.  The weather has been BEAUTIFUL the last few weeks.  I spent so much of the winter complaining about the cold that now I need to make sure to appreciate the nice weather.  This week it has been in the mid 50s, which is warm here!  Most of the snow is melting.  It is melting a lot faster than I thought it would.  We spend at least 2-3 hours outside everyday.  Jackson can't get enough of it.  He constantly wants to be outside.  I don't mind though.  I am already planning on spending most of my summer playing in the backyard, front yard, or at a park.  It's fun to watch Jackson outside.  He is all boy!  The first thing he goes for is the puddles or mud or even dog poop.  I have found him holding dog poop a few times now.  I guess Luke and I are going to have to get better at picking it up everyday!  Right now Jackson's favorite thing to do outside is shovel the snow with a little shovel I got him.  I'm not sure what he is going to do when it all melts.  I'm going to have to get him some outside toys.  


We have been going on a walk most days after dinner.  We have a great trail not far from our house.  Last night we decided to take Jackson out of the stroller and let him walk.  He LOVED it.  He "galloped" or "ran" the whole time.  He probably walked at least 3/4 of a mile.  


Walking with Daddy on the trail

The other ones that are loving the good weather are Bruiser and Cookie!  Bruiser really gets depressed during the winter months when he can't spend time outside.  He sleeps probably 22 hours a day.  I always look forward to when he can finally spend time outside.  He is such a different dog when he is outside!

Jackson taking a snack break from playing outside. 


Three more weeks until Brady comes!  We are ready.  I know it is going to rock my world, but after 9 months of waiting, I say bring it on.  We haven't had an ultrasound since week 21, so I am ready to see Brady!


I'm also ready for my family to come up here.  My mom and dad are coming in three weeks and then my sister and niece are coming in the beginning of June.  I'm so excited for Melanie and Mollee to get to see where we live.  I hope they love it!  In July all of Luke's family is coming to visit.  It will be so much fun to have all the cousins together.  Jackson is going to love playing with Desmond, Charlie, and Cooper!


1 comment:

  1. yay!! So glad you are able to enjoy the weather now...we (or I)are getting the point where its gettin too hot for me...I'm in for it come June and July! It was almost 90 yesterday...beautiful, but 90 and hot for this hot-natured pregger girl. So glad all the fam will get to come meet Brady this summer. I hope you are doing well and I am so excited for you to meet your new little man! Miss ya!

    ReplyDelete