Here are a few video clips from the afternoon!
Jackson has had a nasty cold this week, which means no fun for us! We have basically stayed in the house all week. By today, I was going stir crazy. Beyond that we haven't been up to much.
Last night, I did get to see the Aurora Borealis (Northern Lights)!!! I heard there was a high chance of seeing them in Anchorage and then quite a few of my friends said they had seen them from their driveways. Our house is surrounded by street lights so I was unable to see them from our house. One of my friends called me right before midnight to tell me they were very active so I left Luke at home with Jackson, jumped in the car, and drove to a neighborhood that is not so bright. I was in such a hurry, I forgot my phone and my camera! Oh yeah, and to complete my Alaskan night, right outside of my neighborhood there was a HUGE moose.
I can't even begin to describe how cool the northern lights are. At first they looked like light, wispy clouds. Then they turned green and started basically dancing. It was amazing and erie all at the same time. They would get longer and shorter and brighter and then fade. Then they would disappear. Then another part of the sky would light up. At one point they were so intense that they changed to a light purple! One of my friends who was in a better location said she saw pinks and reds.
The only thing I could think about while I was watching the lights was how amazing God is! He is so creative! When you watch them show up, disappear, dance, and change colors it made me think about angels watching over us in the sky. It was even a little erie because it made me think of spiritual warfare that occurs around us everyday and the battles that are fought for our souls. It was even a reminder that God is really there! It is such an amazing thing that only God could create something like it!
![]() |
| I can't take credit for this picture, but it is one a friend took last night in Anchorage. This is what they looked like when I saw them! |

Julie, you TOTALLY need to enter that photo of the 2 boys with their backs to the camera into some contest. It's ADORABLE! I'd told Amanda that I was so jealous of you guys getting to see the Northern Lights after the solar flare. What a privilege!
ReplyDeleteLove the pictures and the video of J and C trying to stand inthe sled. The Northern Lights picture is beautiful, tell your friend great job and I want to see more! Love ya!
ReplyDelete