My Family

My Family

Sunday, June 24, 2012

More Family Came to Visit

My sister and my niece came to visit and meet Brady.  It was great having them here.  This was Melanie's first time in Alaska.  I think she liked it.  I know she liked the break from the hot weather they are having in Oklahoma.  
Jackson LOVED my niece.  She is getting so big!!!  She is almost as tall as me and now has bigger feet than my mom (her Nana).  It's hard not to still think of her as Jackson's age.  The first night after they got here, we put Jackson to bed.  After a while, he started crying and saying what I thought was "Mommy, mommy" so I went up to comfort him.  When I got in his room, he kept crying and saying it.  Well it turns out he was saying, "Monie, Monie" which is what he called Mollee.  He followed her around and tried to copy everything she did the whole time she was here.  Mollee was a huge help too! She is going to be a great babysitter in a few years.  She was good at taking care of Jackson.  Whenever we went to the park or a place to play, I never had to worry about Jackson because Mollee would follow him around and help him do things.  
We did a lot of fun things while they were here.  It was rainy the first few days, so we went to play at Bouning Bears.  It was Jackson's first time there and he seemed to like it.  We also went to the zoo.  It is a good little zoo.  There are animals unique to the cold weather.  There are some polar bears, brown and black bears, moose, a two humped camel (I forget the real name), and many other things.  We went to the beach here in Anchorage and took them to Girdwood to play at a cool park.  Mollee and Melanie also went to Seward where they went on a wildlife cruise.  They saw a few pods of orcas, which I was jealous of because I've not seen any orcas yet.  

Mollee helping Jackson play at Bouncing Bears

She was able to have some fun too!

Playing on the cool bouncing pillow.

Holding Brady - she was great with Brady!  I was impressed how well she handled him.  

Hanging out with Aunt Melanie

Melanie and I went to the store and left Luke with Brady and Jackson.  When we came home this is how I found him.  Luke set Brady down and went to get Jackson from his nap.  He said putting him on the floor is safer then leaving him on the couch.  I guess I have to agree.  

Big blue eyes

Hanging out downtown in our new ride

Checking out a puppy with daddy

a beautiful day in Anchorage




1 comment:

  1. Love all your pictures. So glad your family was able to visit. I can't believe how much Mollee is growing either. Thanks for sharing. Nana looks sooooo happy to see all her grandbabies together!

    ReplyDelete