My Family

My Family

Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Introducing Our Newest Family Member...

Thursday, May 17th was a big day for us.  We got to welcome Brady into this world.  He has been such a blessing to us from the moment he was born.  He was 7 lbs 4oz and 20 1/2 inches long.  

Before you have your second child, it is hard to imagine how you could love another child as much as you love the first one.  Luke and I talked about this a lot before Brady was born.  From the moment he was born, I understood how it works.  Your love as a parent doesn't have to divide between the two boys.  It completely multiplies.  I could never love my two, precious boys more.  They are both special in their own ways.  

Jackson has a huge heart.  He is so loving to Brady.  He gets very concerned when he cries.  He tries to give him his pacifier.  He is constantly giving him toys and covering him with blankets.  The best part is when he says "baby Brady" in a sweet, loving voice.  He says it quietly and bends down to give him a kiss.  We are definitely going to have to teach him to be gentle with Brady.  He is like every other two year old boy.  He is rough and plays rough.  Jackson is still adjusting to sharing mom, but I think the biggest problem is that I can't lift Jackson up for couple more weeks.  He doesn't quite understand why I can't help him do things like I did last week.  

Brady is a sweet baby.  He loves to cuddle and be held.  I think he looks like Jackson when he was a newborn.  One funny thing about him is that he has peed on just about every doctor or nurse that has checked him (at least 5 different people if not more).  Apparently, he doesn't like them to mess with him.  He is known at Providence Hospital as the baby that pooped and hit the wall.  All the nurses that came in after that incident (if you want to know the whole story, you will have to ask me in person) would be laughing saying that they had heard about what happened.  I love holding him and watching him sleep.  

My heart is bursting with love for all my boys.  I'm looking forward to watching them grow!


Welcome Brady! (with Dr. Gibbs)

I finally got to see him.

First family picture minus Jackson

 Not a bad view from my hospital room

Check out all that hair

First family picture of four

Jackson meeting Brady with Nana

He is not to sure what to think

my boys

Nana and Brady

Brady and a proud Daddy

snuggling

He is already a pacifier baby.

Meeting Granddaddy

5 comments:

  1. Awwwww... i love the pics and Jackson reactions! He is so sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulation Julie and Family! That picture with Brady and the pacifier is adorable. Hope all is going well adjusting to being a family of four. Enjoy all that snuggle time with little Brady :)

    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  3. He's so SWEET!!! I loved the pic of Jackson taking him outside. Too cute! Congrats to all of you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awwwwwww! Two beautiful blessings from God!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So so so excited for you all! Can't wait to hear all about the poop story! I think you need to frame the 'first family picture' minus Jackson and your 'first family picture' when Jackson was born...They are identical! Miss you and hope you're enjoying your snuggle time.

    ReplyDelete